Sunday, October 7, 2007

Saying goodbye to an old friend and hello to a new one.

As some have probably read in my mom's blog, I bought a new car last week. I traded in my '99 ranger. I have to admit, when I closed the door on the ranger for the last time I got a little misty eyed. I've only had it for 4 years but it's gotten me where I need to be. I wanted to see it the next day (mainly to get my liscense plate out of it) and it had already been sold. I bought the Ranger because I felt it gave me somewhat of a connection to my grandfather (it used to be his truck before he died). If it's this emotional for me to get rid of that thing I can only imagine what it will be like to sell my '96 ranger, which I've had since I was almost 17. I'm just a sentimental person. I feel a strong connection with things from the past. When I sit in my '96 ranger (which I do from time to time), I remember so many things. In the end I believe that's about all we have left are memories.

Now for the new car. It is a 2008 Nissan Sentra. It has all the bells and whistles (with the exception of a moon roof, which I wish it had but I can live with out it). Huge trunk space, enormous glove compartment, XM radio, bluetooth, and many other things that I have not read about or encountered yet. My mom posted some pictures on her blog but in case you missed them, I'll post some here...






1 comment:

Vicki said...

I know how sentimental you are. I remember your dad's old ranger after you totaled it. That was okay, as long as you didn't get hurt. But you loved that truck, and I know you love the '96. I still miss my Contour that I let Bambi have. I still want a car just like yours only cobalt blue.