Saturday, August 11, 2007

Abrams Falls trip 8-7-07

Well on Tuesday I had planned on going to Abrams Falls and hiking up the trail and back. I had to go to class for a few minutes while people were giving their presentations. I then went to my mom's house to get her camera because I wanted to take pictures of my venture.
For those that don't know, Abrams Falls Trail is 2.5 miles that runs along Abrams Creek in the smokey mountains. The end of the trail is a few hundred feet lower (elevation-wise) than the beginning. I hiked this trail last when I was 9-10 years old and it was so easy that I thought I would hike it fairly easy and get home fairly quickly.
Here are some pics of my hike. (I was doing this trail because I'm out of shape and figured that I'd start on an "easy" hike)
First I had to drive to cades cove and get on the 11 mile loop. Apparently the trail is on about mile 9 of that trail.

I thought this would be fairly quick because after all it was a tuesday afternoon.



My first warning:








There are four bridges like this on the trail. It's a good way to figure out how close you are to the end.


This was what the majority of the trail was like. (maybe a little worse)


I thought this was an old beehive or something. there were a lot of bees flying around and I forgot to bring my Epi-pen.




had to snap a quick shot of myself to show you how tired I was already. I wasn't even to the falls yet.

does it ever end?

FINALLY!!!!

I stopped taking pictures after I got to the falls so I waited until I got back to the beginning of the trail. I could've passed out. Thank God I had 4 bottles of water. I really need to get into shape.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm glad you finally posted! The pictures turned out real good. I'm glad I didn't decide to go with you. You would had had to carry me back. Life is not all about getting "in shape". I'm living proof of that. (Really I'm just to lazy to exercise.) Anyway, I enjoyed the blog. And thanks for the call last night. Surprised me. Sleep good today.